Tamees bread is one of the recipes originally called “Afghan bread”, as this type of bread is famous in Afghanistan, Pakistan and some provinces of India, and it reached Saudi Arabia and the Gulf countries until it became one of their basic baked bread.
We offer you an easy and quick method to prepare the Saudi Tamees bread with cheese for a testy result that melt in the mouth
Prepare Tamees Saudi bread with cheese
- Dissolve the yeast in warm water, then leave the ingredients aside for 10 minutes to activate.
- In a medium sized bowl, place the flour, oil, sugar, milk and salt.
- Pour the yeast mixture, then mix the ingredients well to form a soft dough. Leave it for an hour until it ferments.
- Divide the dough into two small balls, and roll each of them out on a flat surface sprinkled with a little flour.
- Add the cheese to the dough, and knead the dough again until the ingredients are homogeneous with each other.
- Roll the dough out on a flat surface lightly sprinkled with flour, then place it in a lightly oiled oven tray.
- Grease the surface of the dough with butter and then place it in a preheated oven at 180 ° C for 20 minutes until the bread is done.
Tamees Saudi bread with cheese
Normal Tamees Saudi bread Ingredient
Put the flour, milk, salt, yeast and sugar in a bowl. Mix the ingredients until they are combined.
Gradually add the water and stir the ingredients until you get a cohesive dough.
Make equal sized balls of dough.
Sprinkle the flour in an oven tray and place the dough balls on it. Cover the dough with a cloth and leave the tray aside until the dough has risen.
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Press the dough balls with your hands until they are about half an inch thick. Using a brush, brush the dough balls with water and make slits with a fork.
Put the tray into the oven until the bread is done.
Remove the tray from the oven and serve the bread hot. Welldone!