Tabbouleh ( In Arabic: تبولة) the most famous salad around the Arab world, especially in the Levant, had spread to all Mediterranean countries to be the most delicious salad at all and the most present salad in the Mediterranean countries.
There is no doubt that the tabbouleh competes with the fattoush for the position of the king of Levantine appetizers, so any house you visit in Syria and Lebanon, for example, you will see one of them inevitably present on the dining tables, especially during the holy month of Ramadan. Tabbouleh consists of parsley, peeled tomatoes, bulgur, and green mint, and lemon juice and olive oil are added to it. In some areas, cucumbers are also added to its ingredients. It is also known in some Latin countries such as Argentina, Brazil and the Dominicans, where it is known as Tipili, and its arrival there was due to the Syrian and Lebanese immigrants living there.
Also read: Prepare Best 7 Types Of Fattoush
The Turkish Tabbouleh
- Put the bulgur in a large bowl and pour boiling water over it to infuse, and leave it aside for fifteen minutes until the bulgur becomes soft.
- Prepare the vegetables while the bulgur is softened. Chop the onion, parsley, fresh mint, tomato, and garlic as finely as possible.
- Mix olive oil, tomato paste, red pepper paste, lemon juice, pomegranate paste and the spices in a large bowl until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Put the bulgur in a mixing bowl first and add the olive oil mixture, then add the vegetable mixture and mix the ingredients until they are homogeneous.
- Put the quinoa, lemon juice, garlic, then add salt and black pepper in a deep bowl, and gently stir the ingredients to mix together, and leave them aside.
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters, then chop them into small cubes, place them directly over the quinoa mixture, then stir gently to infuse the quinoa with the tomatoes.
- Chop the parsley, then place it over the quinoa.
- Chop green mint leaves, then place them over the quinoa.
- Chop the green onions along with the green leaves, then place them over the quinoa.
- Add olive oil, then turn the tabbouleh gently to mix the ingredients together, and serve directly with the lettuce leaves.
- Mix the marinade ingredients in a bowl and leave it aside until use.
- Add watercress, onions, tomatoes, mint, and pomegranate in a bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, and stir well.
- Garnish with pomegranate molasses.
- Chop all of the yellow and red pepper, figs and dates into small cubes, and radish into slices.
- Chop the rest of the vegetables. Roasting the onions in olive oil on the fire, then placing the bulgur wheat, and cooking them for two minutes.
- Add water and salt, and let the mixture boil softly for a period of twelve minutes to a quarter of an hour, until the liquids are absorbed.
- Separate the grains from each other using a fork, and leave the mixture aside until it cools.
- Mix olive oil, lemon juice and salt, then put this seasoning on the bulgur mixture, and stir it until it is well coated.
- Put the rest of the ingredients on top of the bulgur mixture, and garnish with coriander leaves, flowers, cumin seeds and pine nuts.
Chicken Tabbouleh Salad
|The cooking time||Twenty minutes|
|preparation time||Twenty minutes|
- Wash the bulgur well and put it in a deep bowl, then pour hot water over it and leave it aside for a few minutes until it is slightly swollen and softened.
- Add chopped tomatoes.
- Add chickpeas, olive oil and lemon juice to the mixture and mix the ingredients together well, then season with black pepper and salt to taste.
- Pour the salad into a serving dish and put the chicken slices on top. (Chicken can be mixed with a salad mixture).
Quinoa And Spinach Tabbouleh
|The cooking time||Fifteen minutes|
|preparation time||Twenty minutes|
- Put quinoa in a small saucepan on the stove and boil it until it comes to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat under the saucepan, then put the lid on the pot and leave the quinoa to soften for another twenty minutes.
- Remove the pot from the stove and set the quinoa aside to cool. Put the spinach in a large bowl and then add the cherry tomatoes, chopped green onions and quinoa (after it cools) and mix them well.
- Mix olive oil, salt and lemon in a small bowl well.
- Pour the marinade over the tabbouleh mixture immediately before serving and mix the ingredients together until the tabbouleh absorbs the flavor of the marinade.
Tabbouleh Dish Best 7 Types
The Levant Tabbouleh
Chop the tomatoes into small cubes, then finely chop the onions.
Chop the cucumber into small cubes.
Finely chop the parsley. Add chopped onions, then cucumber and tomato.
Add chopped red cabbage into small slices, then bulgur and add salt and lemon juice.
Add olive oil, then chopped mint.
Mix all the ingredients for tabbouleh well and pour them into a serving bowl.