Rocca Salad is a green leafy plant that contains many substances and nutrients necessary and important to the human body, as it is usually used in its fresh form to prepare different types of salads, especially in the summer.
It’s one of the most famous salads that can be prepared from Rocca, and any kind of vegetables can be added to it, and in this recipe, we will present to you how to prepare it with a sweetened nut mixture.
Similar Recipe: Grilled Halloumi Salad In A Healthy Way
- Rocca salad is a rich source of vitamin K, and it is recommended to eat one cup per day of watercress to get the recommended daily requirement of vitamin K, to support the growth and health of bones.
- It is recommended to eat goat cheese to improve the health of the intestines and the digestive system, as it is easy to digest and contains probiotics that enhance digestion and the immune system and protect the body from pathogens.
Rocca salad and diabetics
- It is recommended to use brown sugar to sweeten walnuts instead of refined white sugar, to reduce the amount of simple carbohydrates that cause blood sugar spikes.
Rocca salad and heart patients
- It is preferable to replace butter with vegetable oil, to reduce the content of saturated fat and cholesterol in rocca salad.
- It is recommended to eat walnuts as part of a healthy low-fat diet, as its consumption may contribute to reducing harmful cholesterol and preventing heart disease.
Rocca salad and pregnant women
- Eating watercress in large quantities may not be safe during pregnancy or when breastfeeding, so be sure to consult your doctor about the permissible amount.
Ingredients for the sweetened nut mixture
rocca salad ingredients
Steps to prepare the sweetened walnut mixture
Stir the ingredients well until the butter and sugar melt, 5 minutes.
Pour the walnuts onto the sheets of butter, separating them to prevent them from sticking together.
After the walnuts are dry, chop the walnuts and fill half a cup of them.
Steps for making rocca salad
Wash the watercress leaves well and set them aside to dry.
In a bowl, mix lemon juice with black pepper and olive oil.
Cut the cheese into small cubes.
In a large, suitable bowl, mix the walnuts, watercress, and cheese.
Serve the rocca salad, garnished with pomegranate seeds, if desired, and eat it immediately.
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 39.8g62%
- Saturated Fat 12.8g64%
- Cholesterol 47mg16%
- Sodium 157mg7%
- Potassium 334mg10%
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4g6%
- Dietary Fiber 2.9g12%
- Sugars 13.9g
- Protein 17.8g36%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.