The Kishk soup, or the so-called jameed, is a mixture of yogurt and bulgur, and it varies according to the type of bulgur, where the bulgur can be fine or coarse, white or dark, mixed with milk well and then put under the sun for about for 6-9 hours, there are several Uses for the Kishk, where it can be used to make it with onions and meat, or salad with vegetables, is famous in many countries, especially in Lebanon and Syria, the Kishk contains many vitamins that help the body grow bones and increase energy and activity.
Also read: Prepare Best 4 Types Of Baba Ganoush
How to prepare Lebanese Kishk soup
Lebanese Kishk soup ingredients
Kishk powder ingredients
Lebanese Kishk soup instructions
- Put the bulgur without washing it in a bowl, add the yogurt, labneh and salt, and stir the ingredients well.
- Cover with a clean cloth and leave for 3 days, stirring every 6 hours.
- Put the mixture in the tray and put it in the microwave for 5 minutes.
- Take out the booth from the microwave and leave to cool, then rub between hands.
- Then put the stall in a food mill and grind well until it becomes a powder.
- In a saucepan, put the oil and heat, then add the onions and stir until wilted.
- Add the meat, salt and black pepper, and stir the ingredients until the color of the meat changes.
- Cover the pot, and leave the meat on the fire for 10 minutes, stirring from another period.
- In a saucepan on the fire, put the water with the kiosk and stir the ingredients well.
- Add the water mixture and the kiosk, to the meat mixture, stir the mixture, and leave until it boils.
- Add garlic and mint, and stir for a minute.
- Remove the pot from the heat, pour into serving dishes, garnish with the rest of the olive oil, and serve hot.
Kishk powder instructions
Kishk Soup With Potatoes And Garlic
Kishk with potatoes and garlic ingredient
Ingredients for preparing the Kishk
Ingredients for preparing the potatoes
Kishk with potatoes and garlic instructions
Place the potatoes, garlic and oil in a bowl, and mix the ingredients until well combined.
In a saucepan with oil on the fire, put the onion with garlic and stir until it wilts.
Then gradually add the booth with the water, stirring constantly.
Then add salt, black pepper and dry mint, and leave for 10 minutes on the fire.
Remove from the heat, then add to the potatoes, and put on the fire for 5 minutes.
Remove from heat, put on a serving plate and serve.