Harissa is a popular oriental dessert that is stacked in trays and baked, Syria and Jordan are famous for it. The methods of preparing it may vary, but it mostly consists of semolina, yogurt, or syrup, or semolina, milk and sugar syrup, and it can be very creamy with the use of beef ghee, medium-fat using butter, or low-fat using Vegetable oil, nuts such as pistachios, almonds, cashews and walnuts are added to it, or coconut is added to it or stuffed with cream. We will present to you the best ways to make the Jordanian and Syrian harissa.
You can make both Syrian and Jordanian harissa at home without buying it from sweets shops at high prices, especially during these days when there has been an increase in all prices for sweets, so we can prepare it, it is easier than possible and takes only 15 minutes while preparing it, so all you have to do is to follow all the steps that we will mention and prepare the ingredients, and one of the most important benefits of this effective recipe is that most of the ingredients are found in your kitchen and do not cost you much, but you will get a wonderfully delicious taste
Similar Recipie: Syrian Namoura Cake (AKA Basbousa)
Prepare the Syrian harissa at home
- Mix semolina with sugar and baking powder.
- Add the Powdered milk
- Scrub the ingredients well with hands.
- Add the ghee and half the amount of the syrup and mix the ingredients well.
- Add water and mix until the ingredients are well mixed.
- Grease the tray with tahini with a brush.
- Spread the mixture in the tray and flatten its surface well to a thickness of 2 cm.
- Cover the tray with tin foil and leave to rest for two hours.
- Sprinkle the pistachios on the face after resting the dough.
- Bake in an oven at 180 degrees for twenty minutes.
- When done, remove from the oven, cut and pour the hot syrup directly, leave to cool and serve.
Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl (semolina, sugar, baking soda) and the wet ingredients alone (milk after warming a little with the oil and melted ghee).
Mix the wet and dry ingredients together, then pour them into a tray, and leave them to ferment for an hour.
Garnish it with pistachios after the fermentation time has passed, and cut it with a knife before putting it in the oven.
Preheat the oven to 180°C, and bake the Harissa for fifteen minutes, until golden. We take it out of the oven and add the syrup to it.