Most women prefer preparing Eid baked goods at home, to ensure their health and quality, whether Kanafeh, Awamat With Cream Or Cheese, Dates Ajwa Maamoul, or even Ghraybeh, which are characterized by their delicious taste that melts in the mouth only by following simple steps.
With the approaching of the Eid season, we are all preparing especially to the children the traditional Eid sweets, which differs from one country to another such as the Knead and shape of the Ghraybeh. Decorate it with pistachio, then put in the oven, and when it’s done, the soft and brittle golden shortbread is ready to be served
- Oriental sweets usually contain a high amount of sugar, so you should pay attention to the portions you eat.
- It is recommended to use low-fat or fat-free butter instead of full-fat to reduce the amount of fat.
- We do not advise those who aspire to lose weight to eat this dish, as it contains a very high percentage of fat and cholesterol.
- One serving of pistachio grove contains 411 calories, which is equivalent to the average calorie allowance for lunch.
Ghraybeh pistachio and diabetics
- This dish contains a high amount of sugar, so it is best to avoid it.
- The dish can be improved by replacing sugar with sweetener.
Ghraybeh pistachios and heart patients
- One serving of Ghraybeh contains 30.1 grams of fat and 240 milligrams of cholesterol, which are very high.
- It is recommended to avoid eating this dish and replace it with other sweet dishes that contain lower fat and cholesterol levels.
Ghraybeh pistachio and pregnant women
- For pregnant women, the dish can be consumed, but in a small amount, even for one meal, as it is rich in calories, which may lead to an increase in your weight above the healthy rate.
After preparing the recipe ingredients, follow these steps to prepare the Pistachio Ghriba:
Preheat the oven to 176°C.
Mix the pistachios in a food processor until crumbly.
In a large bowl, mix the pistachio crumbs with the granulated sugar and baking powder.
Add to the dry ingredients rose water and egg yolk.
Cut the butter with your hands or a knife and start preparing the dough.
Mix all the ingredients well using your hands until the dough becomes a little sticky.
Make small balls out of your hands with your hands.
Cover a baking tray with butter paper.
Dust the Ghraybeh balls with powdered sugar and place them on the butter paper.
Place the balls in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or in the freezer for 10 minutes.
Arrange the pistachio Ghraybeh balls on the parchment paper in the baking tray.
Gently place the pistachio kernels on the surface of each one, do not flatten the Ghraybeh balls so that their shape does not change.
Bake for 10-12 minutes, the Ghraybeh balls should still be pale in color.
Leave the Ghraybeh balls on the baking tray for 5-10 minutes, then transfer them to a cooling rack.
When the Ghraybeh has cooled completely, transfer it to an airtight container.
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 30.1g47%
- Cholesterol 240mg80%
- Sodium 251mg11%
- Total Carbohydrate 34.2g12%
- Dietary Fiber 3g12%
- Protein 8.8g18%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.