There are many types of salads and appetizers that you can serve on your trip, the most famous of which is the fattoush.
It’s a common appetizer in Arab kitchens and its origin is in the Levant, especially Syria, Lebanon and Palestine.
The fattoush salad was previously called “Abu Mleih” in Palestine, then the recipe spread to Arab and then international kitchens very quickly.
The introduction of fattoush at Ramadan tables has always been linked since ancient times, when it was discovered that some of the feudal lords in Zahle, Mount Lebanon, were dipping salad with bread and eating it, and it began to spread in the villages adjacent to Zahle by coincidence at the end of the month of Ramadan, and it has been linked to the holy month since then. As for the method of preparing the fattoush, it is very easy and fast, and does not require much effort or time.
Enjoy this authentic oriental salad with bread, which consists of a combination of fresh vegetables and herbs.
Fattoush is a salad consisting of a group of fresh vegetables such as cucumber, lettuce, parsley and radish and watered with a sauce of pomegranate molasses and olive oil with the addition of roasted or fried cubes of bread, and it can be decorated with slices of lemon.
Fattoush salad is one of the most delicious appetizers that are widely popular and very popular in the Arab countries in general and in the Levant, especially Lebanon and Syria.
Full of vitamins and antioxidants, we will introduce you to how to make the most delicious Fattoush salad dish in simple and easy steps like restaurants. Here are the ingredients and how to prepare it.
Learn The Method Of How To Make Tahini Hummus
Ingredients for the sauce:
To shape the cups:
- Chop the tomatoes into small cubes and place them in a deep dish, then chop the cucumbers and peppers into cubes, and add them to the tomatoes.
- Add: mint, parsley and onions to the plate, and stir the vegetables well.
- Put the garlic, lemon juice, oil, salt, mint and sumac in a small dish, and stir the ingredients using a fork until the ingredients of the sauce are well mixed with each other, and leave it aside.
- Prepare the cups: Put an appropriate amount of corn oil in a deep frying pan, and heat the oil over a medium heat.
- Open the loaves and separate the two layers from each other to get ten separate loaves, and with kitchen scissors, cut around the edge of the loaf to get a regular circle.
- Prepare a deep chambering spoon, and another rooming spoon slightly smaller than the first spoon, and the bread circle is placed in the center of the large spoon, pressed with a small spoon, and then placed in the hot oil.
- Wait a few seconds, then stir the teaspoon to make sure the bread is cup-shaped.
- Remove the tablespoon from a cup, and fry it in hot oil until golden.
- Take out the cup from the oil, and place it on a paper towel to get rid of the excess oil.
- Repeat the frying process in the same way for the rest of the loaves.
- Arrange the cups in a dish suitable for serving, and distribute the vegetables in the cups, then pour the sauce over them, and serve it directly.
Fattush with yogurt
- Chop lettuce vegetables, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions and green capsicum in a large bowl.
- Mix yogurt, salt, pepper, olive oil, lemon juice and sumac in a bowl. Pour the sauce over the salad, and mix the ingredients well.
- Spread the toast on the plate, then serve it.
Fattush with cabbage
|Preparation time||Eight minutes|
|Cooking time||Ten minutes|
|Serve||Four to five people|
- Chop the cabbage into thin slices, then place it in a large serving dish, cut the lettuce into thin slices, and place it on another plate.
- Remove the pepper seeds, then cut them into quarters, then cut each quarter into thin slices.
- Peel the carrots, then sprinkle them and put them in the dish, cut the radish into thin slices, and put them in the dish.
- Cut the cucumber into two parts, then cut each portion into thin slices and place them on the plate.
- Remove the parsley leaves from the stem, then cut it in half only once and put it on the plate.
- Chop the basil leaves only once or twice, put them on the plate, then collect all the chopped vegetables on the same plate and stir the ingredients together well, then distribute the slices of olives and green onions.
- Distribute the marinade over the vegetables, and stir the ingredients well until they are mixed, then sprinkle the toasted bread on the surface of the plate, sprinkle more parsley leaves over it, put it in the refrigerator for several minutes, stir the ingredients, and then serve it directly.
- Put all seasoning materials in a deep dish, stirring the ingredients using the hand-held net beater in order to obtain a homogeneous sauce, then using it directly or placing it in an airtight jar in the fridge until the time of use.
Fattush With Eggplant
- Mix onions, pomegranate molasses, sumac, lemon and olive oil. Add pieces of cucumber, tomato, radish, watercress, parsley, mint, eggplant, pomegranate, fried bread, sprinkle salt and black pepper and stir well.
- Pour the fattoush on the serving plate and decorate it with pomegranate seeds and pomegranate molasses.
Fattush With Pomegranate Molasses
- Put the sauce ingredients on a small plate, stir well, and set aside.
- Put the previous ingredients except for the bread and sumac in the serving dish.
- Spread the bread, sumac, and sauce, and mix the ingredients with a spoon.
Note: You can leave onions on a side dish, and only add them when serving.
Fatoush in the jar
|Preparation time||Fifteen minutes|
- Prepare four medium-sized jars, rinse them in hot water, turn them over and leave to dry.
- Put all the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl and mix it well.
- Put two tablespoons of the marinade mixture in each jar, then add onions, beetroot and cucumber.
- Add tomatoes to the jars, then add all the green leaves (thyme, watercress, mint and lettuce).
- Close the jars well and shake them until the ingredients are mixed together.
- Opening the fattush jars and distributing the toasted bread over them, then serving the fattush directly in the jars, or it can be emptied into a serving dish and served.
Fattoush Best 7 Types
How to prepare the main fattoush?
Wash all the vegetables well, then cut the tomatoes and cucumbers into squares.
Chop the parsley so that it is smooth.
Cut the radish into squares, then chop the green onions, purslane, and watercress.
Mix the ingredients, then add dry mint, salt, apple cider vinegar and olive oil. Squeeze lemon on the previous ingredients.
Preparing fried bread after frying it with oil; So that its color becomes crunchy golden, then filtered from the oil, so that part of it is placed for decoration and part inside the fattush salad.
Put the fattush salad in a serving dish, add sliced lemon for garnish, black olives, fried bread and some green mint.
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 157
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 16g25%
- Saturated Fat 2g10%
- Trans Fat 14g
- Total Carbohydrate 8g3%
- Protein 2g4%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.