It is one of the traditional dishes of the Maghreb, such as Libya, Morocco and Tunisia, and it has several types, such as: couscous with black plum (peach), or with lamb’s head, or with the “seven vegetables”, or with fish, or with milk, and it’s not alien to the people of the Arab East. It is very similar to maftoul, except that maftoul is put bulgur and flour on it.
Couscous is a delicious dish, rich in many nutrients that are beneficial to your health if prepared according to the healthy rules. We offer you recipes and healthy tips
You can prepare couscous as a side salad, with easy steps, and a delicious taste.
How to prepare
- Boil the vegetable broth in a saucepan, then put the couscous in it and turn off the heat immediately.
- Stir until the ingredients are soft, then cover the pot and leave for 20 minutes until the couscous absorbs the stock.
- Gently stir the couscous with a fork until soft, then add the fried zucchini slices, olive oil, cheese, parsley, lemon and salt.
- Mix the ingredients well, then put them in a serving dish.
To eat couscous in a healthy way, you need to follow these really helpful tips. Which are as follows:
- Avoid using canned chickpeas, you can prepare them at home.
- Do not add too much salt, as it may cause high blood pressure.
- Use vegetable oil or olive oil in these recipes, and avoid using ghee or butter.
- Make sure to wash the vegetables well before you start cooking the couscous.
- Choose meats that are not fatty, and be sure to wash them with lemon and vinegar.
- After frying the zucchini, make sure to drain it with butter leaves.
Learn 2 Easy Couscous Recipes With Healthy Tips
Ingredients for couscous with vegetables:
How to prepare
Mix the couscous with two cups of cold water and ½ cup of olive oil, and set the mixture aside.
Fry 3 sliced onions in oil, add meat, spices, tomatoes and water.
Stir the ingredients, then cover the pot, and keep it on medium heat for 40 minutes.
Add carrots, turnip, and cabbage.
Then add the couscous, let it evaporate for half an hour, then remove the pot from the heat.
Mix the couscous with 2 cups of cold water, a pinch of salt, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
Add the rest of the vegetables to the pot, then let it evaporate for 20 minutes.
Fry the remaining two onions in vegetable oil, then add the spices, raisins.
Stir the ingredients until the onions wilt, then place the couscous in a serving dish, and garnish with the onion and raisin mixture.