Chicken livers are rich in proteins and folic acid, which is important for fertility and helps prevent some birth defects. Chicken livers are also eaten to give energy and are a treasure trove of B vitamins, most notably B12. This nutritional availability makes it a good choice for anyone prone to anemia. Chicken is also one of the most important sources of vitamin A, which helps maintain eye health. It is one of the most important vitamins for eyesight, and its deficiency causes night vision problems. Moreover, it may also cause severe dry eyes that can lead to infection and vision loss.
Tips and Harms of Eating Chicken Livers
Despite the benefits of eating chicken livers, it is important to know the following things:
- If you have high levels of iron and copper, you should reduce the intake of chicken liver.
- If you are taking vitamin A supplements, you should avoid eating liver.
- For pregnant women, you should limit the amount of liver to eat because it contains a type of vitamin A, which may cause harm to the fetus if its levels are high.
Read also: Learn The Best 5 Types Of Kebab Recipes
Chicken Livers Syrian Method
Season the chicken livers with salt and black pepper.
Melt half the amount of butter with vegetable oil in a wide frying pan and fry the chicken breast in it for three minutes over medium heat, until browned on both sides.
Add garlic to the soda in the pan and cook it for one minute, then add the coriander, stir it up with the soda and cook for about half a minute.
Add lemon juice with pomegranate molasses to the soda and cook the mixture for an additional half minute.
Remove the soda mixture from the heat, add the remaining amount of butter, and adjust the flavor by adding salt and acid to taste.
Pour chicken soup into a suitable serving dish and serve directly with Arabic bread.
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 4.4g7%
- Sodium 71mg3%
- Total Carbohydrate 0.89g1%
- Protein 16.9g34%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.