Cabbage salad, (or as it is called in Arabic سلطة ملفوف), is one of the most famous salads in the world, loved by almost everyone, and it is eaten with almost all foods and is prepared as a side dish for the main meals.
Salads differ from one country to another, but what unites them is that they are easy to prepare, delicious in taste, and most importantly, this salad is a healthy meal rich in benefits for the body.
Health benefits of Cabbage:
- Reduces the risk of developing cancerous tumors.
- Helps eliminate free radicals from spreading in the body.
- It controls cancer cells from spreading.
- Boosts the immune system.
- It helps in losing weight if you eat it as part of a healthy diet.
- Facilitates digestion.
- It prevents the accumulation of food in the intestines.
- Facilitates the disposal of body waste and toxins.
- Promotes cardiovascular health.
- It is noteworthy that cabbage, of various types, contains high levels of fiber, as well as containing: folic acid, calcium, potassium, antioxidants, vitamin C, and vitamin K, and some studies have shown that green cabbage contains higher proportions of vitamins and minerals unlike The red cabbage contains less, and now: we learn about different ways to serve and prepare cabbage salad
Also read: Grilled Halloumi Salad In A Healthy Way
Here Are 6 Recipes Of Cabbage Salad
Red Cabbage Salad For Weight Loss
- Chop all the ingredients together lengthwise
- Mix them together well
- We add the spices with pomegranate molasses and lemon juice
Cabbage With Yogurt
- Mix all sauce ingredients until well combined.
- Mix the vegetables with the sauce and put the salad in the refrigerator for two hours before serving.
Cabbage With Vinegar And Sumac
- Bring a large bowl and put olive oil and lemon juice on top of it, chopped garlic, then add sumac, salt and vinegar, and stir them together until the cabbage salad dressing is ready.
- Bring another large bowl and cut the red and white cabbage into slices, then stir them together well in the bowl with two spoons until they mix together.
- Now add the cabbage ingredients on top of the dressing bowl and stir them together well until all ingredients are mixed with the seasoning or dressing and become mixed.
- Bring a plate of salad and put the cabbage salad in it, and put on top of it a sprinkle of chopped parsley for garnish, and serve.
Cabbage Corn Salad
- Grate the carrots and chop the cabbage
- Mix the carrots with the chopped cabbage, and the corn kernels
- Now crush garlic in a bowl with mayonnaise and lemon
- Mix all the ingredients together in a glass tray prepared for eating, and pour the olive oil over the salad.
Cabbage With Tomato
- Bring a small bowl and put chopped garlic in it, then add olive oil, lemon juice, cumin and chopped mint and stir them together until they mix together.
- Bring a large bowl and put in it the chopped cabbage and the diced tomatoes and stir them together, then add the green diced peppers and stir again.
- Now add the avocado and stir again, then pour the cabbage salad dressing over the vegetables and stir them together until the sauce reaches all the vegetables.
- Add salt and black pepper the amount you like, then stir them together well until all ingredients are mixed and season with salt and black pepper well on all sides.
- Bring a serving plate and put the white cabbage salad in it and serve it with all the dishes.
Cabbage Salad 6 Recipes
Finely chop the cabbage and place the slices in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, lemon juice, olive oil, mustard and salt.
Pour the sauce over the cabbage and sprinkle black pepper on top.
Put the salad in the refrigerator to cool a little and then serve.