Qamar al-Din apricot leather paste, which is the paste of dried apricots, and it is made at home, or sold wrapped, and is especially popular during the holy month of Ramadan.
It’s eaten in the form of juice or sweets, and it was said that it was called Qamar al-Din in relation to a ruler in the Levant who loved apricots; As for the famous Qamar al-Din juice, it is made of Qamar al-Din dissolved in water and sugar and blossom water are added to it. It is usually advised to make Qamar al-Din at home instead of ready-made, which is high in added sugar and fructose.
Also read: Qamar al-Din juice (Dried Apricot juice)
What are the benefits of Qamar al-Din? And how can it be set up? Details are in the following:
1. Promote digestive health
One of the benefits of Qamar al-Din is that it supports the work of the digestive system, as it prevents constipation, and the reason for this is due to the fact that it contains good amounts of dietary fiber, especially soluble fiber.
2. Protecting the heart from diseases
Qamar al-Din may contribute to protecting the heart from diseases, due to: Its high content of soluble dietary fiber, which works to reduce high levels of bad cholesterol (LDL), and promotes healthy arteries. It is rich in potassium, as potassium is very important for heart health and maintaining a healthy blood pressure.
3. Prevention of iron deficiency anemia
One of the benefits of Qamar al-Din is that it protects the body from iron deficiency anemia, due to its richness in iron, as each cup of uncooked dried apricots contains approximately 3.5 milligrams of iron.
4. Enhance immunity and prevent infections
Qamar al-Din made from dried apricots is a source of immune-boosting antioxidants, especially vitamin A and vitamin C, which are important for fighting free radicals and protecting cells from damage.
5. Contributing to weight gain
Weight gain may be among the benefits for people who wish to do so. Qamar al-Din can be eaten to achieve the benefit, as it is a source of calories and energy.
6. Prevention of osteoporosis
Prevention of osteoporosis is one of the benefits of Qamar al-Din, because it contains calcium, which is necessary to maintain and strengthen the integrity of the bones. Each cup of uncooked dried apricots contains approximately 71.5 milligrams of calcium.
7. Contribute to the treatment of acne
One of the aesthetic benefits of Qamar al-Din is that it contributes to the treatment of acne, because it contains vitamin A, and not only that, but vitamin A may contribute to each of the following: Increase the freshness of the skin. Moisturizing the skin. Prevention of signs of aging.
Qamar al-Din harms
Despite the benefits of Qamar al-Din for health and skin, it may cause some harms if consumed in excess.
These harms are as follows:
- Increased blood sugar level: Qamar al-Din may lead to an increase in blood sugar, and this especially affects diabetics, so it is recommended to avoid it by this group.
- Weight gain: It was previously mentioned that one of the benefits of Qamar al-Din is weight gain for those who wish to do so. As for those who want to lose weight, Qamar al-Din is a bad option for them.
- Gastrointestinal disorders: Qamar al-Din may cause diarrhea in some.